This keeps being an interesting read.

And was suddenly reminded of one of those times I was on the other side of things, and talked to a person who must be one of the most underated operator they got.

I was getting a call from a mobile telephone operator who really wanted me to switch to them. That's not happening. It is especially not happening when a representative form the same company was trying to "trick" my grandmother into switching. It went so far she had new contract papers maield to her. She had no effectively no idea what they were on about.

So I am on the warpath. They picked the wrong time to be calling me to change. And I told them so. I avoided swearing and going over 120 decibels. Just.

The callcentre person could clearly tell he wasn't making a sale here. But he also recognized the company reputation was on the line. I could almost hear the tyres of the sales car screaming as he did a sales 180 into the PR disaster prevention lane. He apologized on their behalf, agreed with me that my anger was justified that wasn't how they should have acted, maybe he even promised to further my concerns along.

I don't know what they are paying one of those operators, I doubt it's enough, but that guy saved their ass that day. I am not changing my service anytime soon, but I'm also not on my way to their hq with a jerrycan of petrol and a match. Or visting thier facebook page with a vengence and lots of free time.