1. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

They've expressly explained why they picked Ajani. Gideon, Elspeth, and Serra are dead, Nahiri is too strongly red/white to use here, Teyo and Wanderer DID NOT EXIST at the time of making M20 so they're out, Aminatou, Dovin, Estrid, Huatli, Kaya, Narset, Sorin, Tamiyo, Teferi, and Venser all have white but none of them fit the idea of a "white planeswalker" and Venser's dead (which they don't mention here which is giving me slight concerns cause they do not waste an opportunity to remind you Venser is still dead). This literally left only Ajani, who is also Green-White but his core is still very white.

I, personally, would have made it Nahiri and commissioned someone to write "Nahiri and Sorin's random grudge match during War of the Spark" but that's me, with hindsight. This would be impossible to do given their time frame. It's part of why I hate how they do things structurally, even if it does lead to great future-seeding.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-07-08 at 10:12 PM.