Quote Originally Posted by Quertus View Post
I can't speak for others, but, for myself, if it's grounded in game physics of "questionable Divinations equal to 'what the player sees as he plays' - yes, skewing what is 'important' that way", then I could accept it. You may want to look into other ways to get equivalent abilities, that wouldn't require "a Wizard did it".
As I said, the player fluffs it how they want, just like players get to choose what verbal components they use for spells. My personal preference is for players just being that skilled. I just feel that sometimes mechanics can be fluffed in different ways.

No, it's "if you want to have a contingency in place, bloody put one in place". Especially if you're the GM, running an NPC - publish your module to a sealed envelope, that I'll read after the adventure is over.

None of this, "oh, um, he's smart - he would have had a plan for that" - if you're too dumb to make the plan, you're too dumb to make it not feel contrived.

Now, if the group is working together on this style of retcon power, eh, sometimes, some groups can succeed at making something palatable where am individual would fail. But, again, I can't speak for everyone, to know if that could work at any given table.
Eh, wealth has so much counter play at that level it's stupid. If you're fighting a person with wealth, just blow up their industries till they don't have the money to do anything impressive. If the players aren't doing that, then I would argue it would be the same as fighting a vampire in the dark without a single thing a vampire is weak to. At some point the players are just being foolish.

I think I started describing abilities for a "Muggle" class somewhere… maybe I'll look it up for inspiration for you, at some point.

Admittedly, I didn't get very far, because I am not the target audience ("I play Wizards"), and, thus, a felt it inappropriate for me to try to write a better Muggle.
I'd be interested to see it. I have several muggle classes (One is a noble and has no retcon powers).

That's a lot of retcon powers.

I mean, if it were me, I might give retcon powers to the Chronomancer, the Diviner, something luck-based, and the "my character is smarter than that" feat. Things that such mechanics would directly make sense for them to have (and the ban-bait feat).

From a… Gamist(?) perspective, I'm really liking the idea of a retcon buff-bot.
Honestly it's not that many abilities. Even wealth only has like 4 or 5 of it's 24 abilities that do recons. The soldier has I think 3.

Also Retcon buff bot sounds really fun. I'll make sure it's possible!

Um… I'm honestly not sure how it's possible that this was your takeaway from my posts. I'm not only a "**** story, <3 Sandbox" kind of guy, but I think most games end before we get to the good parts, of actually changing the world - and experiencing the consequences of those changes.
I guess I just remembered (or misremembered) a post you made about the players doing a game where the world was ending and the players could only try to rescue some people and not try to stop it. I apologize for getting it wrong.

One of the big elements of my game is that players can change the world, and it's one of the reasons I'm working on the system. I hope I can build something you (or someone like you) would like like.