Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
Actually, that's what annoys me the most. Shorten the game's name all you want,but why is the distinguished Dr Black now the nobody Mr Boddy. I mean my sources indicate that you have learned individuals over there, and I might understand changing it off out jag been Lord Black (because people keep trying to convince me you don't have a peerage), but what's wrong with a names that denotes success.
Okay so I'm at work so I can't actually shout and move around and pace to work this over in my head so please stop me if you're foolin' around but.

Are you foolin' around? They called him Mr Boddy because it's a joke. They made a joke. It's an obvious and very silly joke but they did it for the laughs. The big el oh el. The lulz if you will. This is a consistent thing I've noticed between European and American adapations, the American one always makes it funnier. Just look at how Pikmin 3 is dry and lifeless in Europe vs America. This happens all the time. Across the pond people are like "ah yes, Dr Black, a distinguished individual who has now mercilessly struck down. Find his killer!" and the Americanos are like "hah, boddy cause he's a corpse."

If I had to think of any other reason why they'd change it other than purely for the comedy of it, it's because having successful people die seems anathema to American sensibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
My brother and his family own a cat. My sister-in-law is allergic to cats.
Worth it.