Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
Okay so after throwing myself at Mateus, I think I found a way to beat him chainless. I can get him to about 10-15% in 35s or so but can't get enough bars to Aerith to USB at the end. If you have Rosa or Elarra USBs, should be a lot easier.

Spoiler: Party and Set up:
Show

Ignis - Wrath/Armor Breakdown - BSB - Ace Striker
Ramza - Lifesiphon/Entrust - Shout - Dr Mog's
Aerith - Memento of Prayer/Carbuncle - USB2 - Mako Might
Locke - Lifesiphon/Heat Bite - USB2/AOSB - Ace Striker
Sora - Lifesiphon/Inferno Assault - BSB-Awakening - 30% damage RM
RW: Guardian
Magicite:
Main: Mom Bomb

Forewarning: This is a bit tricky to get the timing right.
You can replace Ramza with OK pUSB if you have it, and Elarra or Rosa's Regenga will be MUCH more useful than Aerith here. Could also potentially replace Locke with a Machinist if they can stack up imperil really quickly, and Bartz can replace Sora.

So basic strat is wrath/LS Sora, Locke, and Ignis up to 2 bars each, Aerith opens with Carbuncle>MoP>USB while Ramza uses Shout>RW>LS then goes LS>Entrust to Aerith.

Once Sora/Locke/Ignis has the bars:
Locke: USBx2 > Magicite > Heat Bite spam
Ignis: BSB > CMD2x2 to Sora > Armor BD > then CMD1 spam rotating in Armor BD when Mateus uses Barrier.
Sora: BSB >Awankening > spam Inferno Assault

Sora was juuuuust able to break Savage mode with the first Inferno Assault then he was hitting 18k+ a hit after that.

Hope my suffering helps in some way
Nice!

Yeah I’ll give Mateus another go before too long.

I just beat the VII D??? Torment. By golly that was hard. Only Zack was standing at the end. Thought for sure I’d die, but Tiamat came in with an attack. Got 36s though, going to have to beat it again at some point >.>

Probably just completing my 5* magicite decks will be enough. More damage mitigation, more damage. More health. Also 2 of my characters had no 5* dives.