Im never going to publish, but when I at least get all the country maps made, I will be making a website I think, with lore and stuff. Mostly as a resource for my players, but also so I can post it here and get validation and such

I wouldnt say its hugely well thought out though. Im not bad on the big details, but then get my self bogged down in the small minutia until I get bored. Was doing really well with the Topaz Ocean right up until I decided all the cities of the Bejeweled Sultanate should be named after gem stones in Arabic. Queue me spending FOREVER trying get them to look right. I burned out hard. In the end, I walked away for a few months, came back and found other names for them that "looked" Arabic in about an hour. Much happier. Had the same problem with my favorite area, where every town, every major NPC, every geographic feature, had a name properly comprised of anglo saxon or old norse suffixes and prefixes along with something relevant. It was blood sweat and literal tears. I was so excited to run it. The players didnt care. They didnt even notice. Thats when it clicked for me. If I am putting in the effort for this and NOT enjoying it, then there is no point, because the players see a tiny, tiny fraction of the work I put in, and enjoy it all just the same as if they saw all of it.

There are easter eggs, and things that if people are interested and ask about, I can provide more info on, but I am trying not to hate myself now whenever I do things. Having a D&D playing partner helps, because if I am agonizing over the placement of a tree icon when map making, she can look and say "babe, it looks the same whether its 50 px high or 51 pix high. Go to bed. Its 3am!". I promise Ill do a post soon with some of the maps I have done, and a little bit of lore.