Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
Because it's not just ANY dishonor, it's cheating/revenge kills/whatever else Loki approves of, is my reading. You can't just coast on "Hail Loki"s, you have to go out and be actively chaotic and maybe evil. I'm guessing most diseases (except maybe STDs from weird monsters, that silly Loki) still count as dishonorable for starters.
That's not how Hilgya describes it. At this point, that is your headcanon. She says, and I quote
"If I live my life however I choose, breaking rules and ignoring any stuffy old traditions and then I die with dishonor...
... Well, I was just following the path my god had laid for me! Nothing more honorable for a cleric than living your god's truth, right?"

First, note the fundamental mistake that is so common in the forums: she centers her logic in what happens in her life, not at the moment of her death. Second, no mention of exceptions for disease. To hear her tell, her loophole allows her to ignore the manner of her death, and base her defence on the manner of her life. But we know that is not how it works at all.

Also, Thor's a good guy and has a system that benefits Dwarves as a whole, so on a societal level it's more likely to catch on than the more individualist Loki.
Gresky city is run as a Loki distopia. No reason the dwarves couldn't have run their society in a similar manner.

You seem to assume the few he didn't make a point of fighting for in this strip were all he's gotten in the last century. I was assuming that like Thor there were some he just didn't think he could argue for, and he already got everyone of his worshippers he could claim died 'honorably' by his precepts.
No, I am not assuming anything of the sort. I am pointing out that Hilgya's loophole of "if you follow Loki, you can't have a dishonorable death, because a dishonorable life is an honorable following of Loki's path" is highly suspect logic, since he won't use it as an argument even when Hel is in a position to give him any souls he asks for if it means getting rid of him.

I am simply not going to give the CE god or the delusional dwarf the benefit of the doubt. I'll believe that the loophole works when I see it work, and not a moment sooner, and therefore reject any argument that starts with the assumption that Loki taught Hilgya the loophole, rather than what I consider the far more likely scenario that she came up with it to justify doing what she wants, just as she has come up with other BS post-hoc justifications for everything that she does.

Grey Wolf