Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
That's not how Hilgya describes it. At this point, that is your headcanon. She says, and I quote
"If I live my life however I choose, breaking rules and ignoring any stuffy old traditions and then I die with dishonor...
... Well, I was just following the path my god had laid for me! Nothing more honorable for a cleric than living your god's truth, right?"

First, note the fundamental mistake that is so common in the forums: she centers her logic in what happens in her life, not at the moment of her death. Second, no mention of exceptions for disease. To hear her tell, her loophole allows her to ignore the manner of her death, and base her defence on the manner of her life. But we know that is not how it works at all.
Well I was extrapolating from "Nothing more Honorable than living your God's Truth" that it had to be Loki's ideology to get him to argue for you. And from that when I was trying to explain about how I didn't think it was a blanket immunity to dishonor, but rather a license for Chaos over Order, I came up with the diseases would still be dishonorable thing. The STD thing was just a joke because in all the versions of Loki I know of he's the dad of Slepnir, Fenir, Hel, and the World Serpent.

Gresky city is run as a Loki distopia. No reason the dwarves couldn't have run their society in a similar manner.
And it's not very stable OR well run. So stable, well-meaning dwarves would prefer the Thor way.

No, I am not assuming anything of the sort. I am pointing out that Hilgya's loophole of "if you follow Loki, you can't have a dishonorable death, because a dishonorable life is an honorable following of Loki's path" is highly suspect logic, since he won't use it as an argument even when Hel is in a position to give him any souls he asks for if it means getting rid of him.
Well that's why I think it's not just "there is no dishonor if you follow Loki" and more "Loki's way is honorable if you follow Loki". SO those guys still died in a way he found dishonorable, but he was willing to not-argue over them if being straight forward achieves his goals more easily.