View Single Post

Thread: Ancient Realms

1. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Ancient Realms

(Moved to end of thread, easier for me to find)

So, I suppose that I will just start putting in the Changes that past players have done.

Some of these Characters I don't have permission to place their Names from their players, and some I no longer remember the Names for, so understand when I just put in their Race\Class/Subclass instead.

Spoiler: Twin Keeps - Ended
    Show

Twainsmeet Keep
    V Human - Champion Fighter 5
    Mt Dwarf - Mt Druid 5
    V Human - Devotion Paladin 5

Start 6/3/1182

(3/7/19)
    Fighter and (Evil PC) enter the Keep and take the Bandits Quest.

(Evil PC) disappears in the middle of the night.

Paladin and Ukral enter through the front gate.

Fighting the first Bandit group - captured one and the mage.

(3/14/19)
    Moon Elf Archfey Warlock - changed to Arcane Trickster Rogue.

The Bandit Mage managed to Dimension Door (1x use magic item) away from Paladin.
    The remaining Bandit was turned over to the Keep Guards.
    Paladin offered Zone of Truth for Interrogation.

Fighter asked to see Court Mage.
    Fighter and AT killed rats for 4 hours (20 exp)
    Paladin got a 15 year old girl as a squire.

Slept.

6/4/1182 - Katerine needed at castle at 4 am.
    Court Mage will see Yorick two days from now at 6 am.

(3/21/19)
    Mt Dwarf - Mt Druid 5
    V Human - Devotion Paladin 5
    x Moon Elf - Arcane Trickster

Paladin got directions to Location #8.
    Duergar Outpost.
    Cleared out 8 Guards.

Took Duergar back to Twainsmeet, where the Dwarves took them prisoner. Party gained 2 Reputation each.
    Katerine cures her squire, then rests and cures herself.

(4/11/19)
    6/6/1182
    Took on the rat problem, found a Kobold 6th level Underdark (Land) Druid, killed.

Met the Gnome Forest ArchDruid. Wisperfowl
    Got the information for the Bandits Camp and the Kobold Lair.

Party now knows about the killer bulls at the Elven Kingdom.

Backstory: Druid met the Undeval Mayor, found that Adamantine was desired. Walked (with a cat) to the Diviner, and was Teleported to The Mt Dwarf's Kingdom. Met Ironjaws, and got Adamantine (10#) for Ebonystone (100#)

Found out that cat was Drokkandormu the Young Bronze Dragon, and managed to get two lbs Voidstone.

(5/2/19)
    Went to Feywatch Keep.
    Druid attacked Rogue for gems.
    Rogue was possessed by a revenger Weapon.
    Defeated a Flameskull and a Mind flayer.

(5/9/19)
    Mt Dwarf - Shepard Druid 5
    V-H - Oathbreaker Paladin 5
    V-H - Swashbuckler 3/Hexblade 2
    x Moon Elf - Arcane Trickster 5
    x V Human - 3 Wiz Conj/ 2 Warlock

Update - Bandits have moved camp.

Teleported into Feywatch Dungeon.

6/7/1182 Teleported back to Twainsmeet Keep.

6/8/1182 return to Dungeon.
    Paused in Dungeon.

Party destroyed power-box in Feywatch.
    Paladin now setting up the Keep to be the political hub of the Region.

Player traded Human Fighter for Tabaxi Factotum.

(7/24)??
    Shipment of 300 lbs of steel within the next 3 days. 1d10 wagons.
    Spy Tiefling (M) Whisper Bard level 7 Hp
    Str 8 Dex 15 Con 16 Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 15

Bandit Mage escaped and is now building his own smuggling and spy network.

Feywatch Dungeon has been Defeated!
    Paladin now working on making this the Political Hub of this Region.
    Keep History

Campaign Idea
    Council of Wyrms
    Spoiler: Dragon Campaign - Wyrms on Discord
    Show

New Campaign, PCs to be added.

Dragonborn and (Dragonwrought) Kobolds offered to New Players.

(Full) Dragon Characters offered to Experienced Players.
    Started RL = 7/17/19
    start = 7/12/1956
    first (random) player = Uma Wood Elf Nature Cleric.
    25 exp
    Looking for Vermix Blackoak* the furniture merchant. Owns a Sawmill.
    *(LE. sHuman, Criminal Background, HP 24, AC 14) Seeking to buy into Noble Title.

Bruce Deadhand Rude!!!
    (NE Half-Orc Barbarian 1)

Stampeded the Giant Oxen!!
    Deliveries delayed a week.

Met Pipilyn Farhawk #5, the Halfling Rogue (DMnpc)
    Sawmill - Cleric Damaged belt, Rogue jammed log saw and trapped DC 24

(7/24)
    See quote info quote. I'll try and edit in some details when on my Tablet.

Spoiler: Info and Game play
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Great Dragon View Post
    @sandmote:

I guess that I'm looking at comparing some other classes for effectiveness of the Warlock.

Light armor and no shield is equal to the Rogue for AC.
    Which is where all other Warlocks are at.

Hexblade's Medium Armor plus shield is equal to a Ranger. Getting a Dex of 14 isn't too hard.
    But, still gets Spells before said Ranger. With a slot refresh every Short Rest!

So, high Armor Class, plus great to hit, plus spells at 1st level = OP. Seriously, why be anything else?

Even the Druid is hard pressed to match all that, at 1st level.

I'm still adjusting to the differences of 5e.

See, until it was pointed out that the PC starts with everything that is on the starting equipment, limited only by choice A vs choice B, I thought that they only got one of the rows as a choice at all.

So yeah, the newly made level 1 Paladin had Longsword, Chainmail, light crossbow, plus Background equipment, and 15 gold! I'm maybe too nice with Newby Players, since I allowed starting gold of 150 gold each.
    But, see below.

(Rolled stats)

So, the Paladin had AC 18 with shield doing 1d8+4 damage with +6 to hit - out the gate!! Which meant only needing a Roll of 6+ to hit AC 12 (at most) CR 1/4 stuff, and a roll of 4+4 (8) for (Average = 9) Damage dropped them, as well.

But then I still rolled good enough for the Goblins (+4 attack and 6 damage per hit) to still hit the Paladin. And teamwork by Goblins, and a couple Natural 20s dropped said Paladin twice in the Session!

Good thing the others had spent some of their starting gold on Potions of Healing!! Plus even with the DMpc Rogue having 2, they still had all of these used by end of the Session!

The Party (Monk had Unarmored AC 17 and two attacks at +5 attack and 6 damage per hit; Ranger AC 16 +6 attack and +8 damage per hit) took out the Goblin Hideout (22 goblins and 3 wolves) by the end of the 4.5 hour Session, and even splitting the Exp 4 ways, they went to Level 2. (No Casters!!)

So....... Yeah.

Spoiler: Giants
    Show

King Hekaton has vanished, and everyone suspects foul play!
    Without their mighty father the Daughters cannot hold the various Giant Tribes together.
    Serissa the Heiress cannot seem to keep either Mirran or Nym from bickering with each other.

Iymrith - is here, but her work is slow. She is very frustrated.

The Frost Giant Jarl Storvald - has only succeeded in cowing two Wyrmling White Dragons, their Parents are plotting (unsuccessfully, so far) their release. Villain.

The Fire Giant Duke Zalto has dedicated himself to slaying All Dragons.
    Alliance with the Drow House Xorlarrin against the Dwarven fortress of Gauntlgrym, for how long?

The Cloud Giant Countess Sansuri is indeed torturing Felgolos the Bronze Dragon for information on treasure locations. If you enter Sansuri’s castle, whose side will you choose?

The Hill Giant Chieftess Guh - while she eats to become the Biggest Giant Ever. Her newest Husband () is starting a War to become the new Chief….

The Ogre Chief CryzU has a Headband of Intellect and a magic Axe….

The Stone Giant Thane Kayalithica is the Villain of her region.

I don’t see much to change within the module, but that might change as Players do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Dragon View Post
    More information.
    Click tiny arrow.
    Spoiler: Dragons
    Show

HotDQ I’m not using Greennest. But I am keeping all the Dragons.
    Cult of the Dragon leaders Rezmir (#1), Frulam Mondath, and Langdedrosa Cyanwrath

Cyanwrath is a half-blue dragon. (Might change to Blue Dragonborn. Champion Fighter)
    I’ll be using this braggart and his 8 Kobolds as a Distraction….

Wyrmling (Party up to 7th level) Young (up to 12th level) Adult (up to 16th level) or Ancient (17+)

Blue Dragon: Lennithon (can be a different Name for each Age, if desired) accompanied this raid but is not an enthusiastic participant. Its chief contribution has been its Frightful Presence, but that becomes less effective as the night wears on and defenders overcome their fear. Shortly before midnight, the dragon launches a final assault against the citadel.[b]Frulam Mondath[b] orders the attack, knowing that the adventurers are in the (target) at the time. Lennithon doesn’t consider this to be his fight, and it isn’t keen on tangling with adventurers for another’s benefit. During this attack, Lennithon flies over the keep and uses his breath weapon without moving closer than 25 feet from the structure.
    If the party needs a clue where to go I’ll use Nesim Waladra and Leosin
    Erlanthar
    , his missing Master.
    No changes to the Hatchery.
    Use things from the various Cities, and the Road as makes sense.
    Carnath Roadhouse makes a good ‘resting stop’.
    Castle Naerytar is next up.

Voaraghamanthar is an adult black dragon who claims the Mere of Dead Men as his territory

Dralmorrer Borngray an elf Wearer of Purple commands Castle Naerytar for Rezmir and is claiming it for the Cult of the Dragon (in name only; she considers it her personal property).

Azbara Jos the Red Wizard has his own Agenda, keeping his plans carefully hidden.
    Unless useful, he eliminates Adventurers as quickly and quietly as possible.
    Ambushes at night with Greater Invisibility are a favorite tactic.
    Graypeak Mountain hunting lodge goes in. If they Party can figure out where that blasted Red Wizard went!!
    Talis the White is going to be a tough fight, unless they can convince her of their usefulness.
    Need to figure out where I want the Village of Parnast and Skyreach Castle.
    Unlike HotDQ, these Giants are not helping the Cult of the Dragon, and are in fact making moves against them.
    The Village is controlled by Ogres, and they report to Hill Giants, and they report to Blagothkus the Cloud Giant. While not overly concerned about the Lesser Races, Blagothkus has taken note of the increased Dragon activity, and is doing all he can to rekindle the Ancient War. As such, he is gathering Frost Giant allies. While he doesn’t care about non-Giants, he will attack any Dragonkin (including Dragonborn and Kobolds) to capture for interrogation. Once he has all the information they know, he kills them. Blagothkus knows there are Dragon Cult spies in the Village, and his Ogres are alert for suspicious activity.

Put the Cultists in a basement somewhere in the village.
    The Red Wizards have their own secret base, since no one really trusts anyone else.
    Note: the Alliance is respected, and they all will band together against an obvious threat.

RoT

All posts greatly welcomed!!
    Last edited by Great Dragon; 2020-09-10 at 02:19 AM.
    My Knowledge, Understanding, and Opinion on things can be changed
    No offense is intended by anything I post.
    *Limited Playtest Group - I'm mostly Stuck in the White Room.
    *I am learning valuable things, here. So thanks, everyone!