1. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    You'll have to help me along over here a little. I don't understand how that improves 8 whack. Isn't it about rushing your opponent down with creatures as quickly as possible? You can't be that concerned about your life total - you're playing Ramunap Ruins for the extra reach. (Funnily enough, Emperion shuts down your Ruins' ability to make red mana.)

Is it about the 8/8 body? I suppose that's one way of trying to compete with Hogaak in the Modern Degeneracy Olympics. No, I'll get my 8/8 out first. And you have to Assassin's Trophy it before you get to win! Howzat?!
    Kind of the latter. It makes you resistant or immune to a lot of the racing combos out there; phoenix and dredge have problems with it, it stops ad nauseum, etc. Skirk prospector turns it into a turn 3 combo which is nice, and it doesn't slow down the main gameplan except by making it a little less consistent.

It might be better in the board then in the main, kind of like having Worship but as an 8/8 creature.

I don't know if it is worth it, but it seems in line with Modern's current approach of aggro-combo.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2019-07-26 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".