Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
My original lore for them, or at least the lore as far as Martial Scholars believe, is that nearing his death Reshar realised he would not be content with an ordinary burial, so he wandered into the forest where he breathed his last. A short while later, a pack of wolves found his body and fed upon it. Upon taking his essence into themselves, the wolves were changed. The most prominent being the fact that the tops of their heads turned silver. Martial Scholars believe, of course, that this first pack consisted of nine wolves, each of them taking a weapon Reshar carried with him and then parting ways.

One interesting thing about Hounds of Reshar is that they if they interbreed with ordinary wolves, the cubs are always Hounds of Reshar as well. This means that over time, a single Hound of Reshar in an area will slowly cause all wolves to become Hounds of Reshar.

But I will admit that having them be servants of Reshar directly isn't something I actually considered, but I am open to the idea. Hell, technically there's nothing stopping having both ideas as opposing theories as to how they came to exist.
nice fluff but full on zombie apocalypse style sublime way wolfs are bit to much on most settings hell how hard would be the snowball out of the damn thing that your common level one encounter is hound of reshar vs bunch of barely graduated adventures.