Quote Originally Posted by Erk View Post
I think Jillian has, mostly subconsciously thanks to the torture, formed a lovelike attraction to Wanda. Wanda has convinced Jillian that this is something Jillian can't control or deny, more of a compulsion magic than anything, thereby convincing Jillian she can't do what she wants. She is forced to obey Wanda, she won't try not to. In reality she is obeying Wanda more because she has chosen to, because she's formed a twisted love for her torturer, than because she has to.

Which means if Ansom snaps Jillian out of it, if that bit of indecision we've seen with her and Ansom comes out again, she could fight off Wanda's influence, because this is not a magical compulsion. Magic only served to give Jillian a conscious excuse for her behaviour so that guilt would not lead her to betray her Mistress.

Make sense? That is my theory.
I hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense that Jillian (with only a layperson's understanding of what magic can and cannot do) might accept that she has been mind-controlled rather than "merely" strongly influenced if that belief enables her to avoid the difficulties of "knowing what she wants".