As the fellows made their plans and went about their business, Girolo, the village’s blacksmith had been elected as speaker for its folk. Of course, Melkath knew them all well by name, by the generosity of (or lack thereof) their tips, and knew virtually all their lineages and kin by memory. Before the four departed, Girolo had an unpleasant proclamation.

They had witnessed the fallen fey Baroness’s strange powers and wrath upon the return of her fellows from the forest shrine. Rumors had run amok after the display that she was somehow sinister, a witch, or something altogether else that no one understood nor wished to name. Nonetheless, the general feeling was that their newfound ill fortune was in some way (those were Girolo’s words, rather than the “most assuredly” agreed upon by those for whom he now spoke) her fault. The blacksmith veiled his normally gentle bear-cub demeanor under a rather strained hard-nosed facade when he pronounced her banishment from the community.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Before we head into the next scene proper (an ambush), I wanted to give each of you a chance to cash in here. This is the compel on Melkath’s Not of This World. The complication is banishment. Anyone who speaks up for her (just a sentence or two IC will suffice) gets a point and earns the same fate. There’s no roll needed here. This is the terms of the compel, so there’s no getting out for anyone that sticks up for her. Stereo mentioned that would be something Yorn would do, but I’d like to see the proof of that.

That all is still officially scene 4. Scene 5 begins when this is resolved and you all head out toward your intended destination.

Spoiler: For Celticbear
Show
Last thing: I’m going to see if Celticbear can sort of lead the next part with the following: as they head out (once everyone who wishes a point posts), Melkath sees a vision of Lugh riding his phantom-like fey steed next to the fomorian lord on his demonic horse. They will appear only to her eyes in the mists, shadowing their movements in the woods. She will not be sure if the vision is real or an artifact of her concussion. We can probably find a juicy compel for Concussed with this too. I’ll think on it, and so can you!

GM’s FPs: 4
PCs: Trial by Combat or King [ 2 ]
PCs: Bringing the Music [ 2 ]
Melkath: Concussed [Moderate] — clears Scene 6
Yorn: Dressed Stan Wound [moderate] — clears Scene 7