The plan was to balance the effects slightly over a 2nd level spell. Most Sorcerers gets a small situational damage buff at that level, so for the cost of a second level spell slot you get the same effect but for all damaging spells during a short duration. That felt fair to me. In addition, they do not need to be perfect balanced against each other since you can choose every time you pay for the feature which spirit you conjure. IMO it is more important that they fill their niche role then than that they are perfectly balanced against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by BerzerkerUnit View Post
Lineage Sorcerer is interesting. I might buff the Guardian Spirit as “a shield that adds your Proficiency Bonus to AC.”
That is way too good though. That is just a lot superior to the spell shield. It is like 10 level 1 spell slots when you reached 13th level. Guardian (renamed it to protector since the subclass uses the spell spirit guardians as well) was aimed to be an alternative to shield but with a longer duration. When I was writing the subclass, I almost decreased it to +1 bonus to AC since I thought it might be too good as it was with +2.

Quote Originally Posted by BerzerkerUnit View Post
As is the Dancer is nearly a 5th level spell effect (Farstep) while the Shield is nearly a 1st (Shield of Faith). Both normally require concentration, both are somehow limited, but the disparity is great.

If that’s still too good then perhaps reduce the Dancer to “move half your speed as a bonus action” that is some functionality without the virtual grapple immunity that comes with a free teleports.

They are not totally free, activating the feature costs as a second level spell slot and 15 feet is a lot less than 60 feet. I was comparing it to expeditious retreat and I think it needs to be better than that as half that spell is not worth 3 sorcery points. Changed dancer to take the disengage action and add a 5ft movement speed increase. That should solve the grapple escape atleast.