1. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Breaking expectations in Ghosts of Saltmarsh (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyDaze View Post
    I'm not adverse to doing work; I usually make my own adventures rather than running book adventures, but Ghosts of Saltmarsh is an "old house" I was considering flipping.

I am interested in hearing suggestions on increasing coherence.

For example, how did the lizardfolk originally get in contact with the smugglers without some contact with Saltmarsh? The smugglers load/unload at the house on the far side of the town, so how did they plan to move the weapons to the lizardfolk lair (or how did the lizardfolk plan to retrieve them from the house)? If not independents, then who do the smugglers work for, and where did they acquire the load of weapons? My players will certainly ask these questions.
    The way I wrote that into a back story for a character was that the smugglers have a few crewmen with dark vision, and they use the boat from their ship to ferry small loads of arms to the lizardfolk who meet them at the edges of the swampy areas. They keep their ship in deep enough water to avoid getting trapped against the marsh.

The weapons were purchased by a third party and in my case, they came from way up north in Ulek. Underground trade and all that. The smugglers get a cut for delivery.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2019-08-15 at 04:26 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society