View Single Post

Thread: Reading Order

1. - Top - End - #20
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Reading Order

Wonder why everyone (including the Giant) seems to assume the comic is too obscure for people who don't know D&D.
    I think I never read anything D&D before OotS. I think I barely knew that D&D even was.
    And I STILL enjoyed the jokes, because the context was crystal clear. It's about some stupid rule, get it? You don't need to know the exactsies of the rule to understand that a scene is making of fun of an obscure rule (most of the time).

I do think the decisive factor is whether someone played pen&paper roleplaying AT ALL. Because MAAAAANY jokes just resonated with me because that happened with our roleplaying group in a similar way, even though we didn't use D&D rules at all. In fact, our game was a homemade design with the rules basically fitting on a page. In large handwritten letters. And half of it was how shooting combat worked, and the other half were a couple concentrical ellipses to show how the city the story played in basically looked.

Re: Monty Python

There is a point&click game about the Monty Python Holy Grail story.

If you are a fan of MP and haven't tried it, you are doing yourself a HUGE disservice.
    Last edited by Mightymosy; 2019-08-16 at 10:39 AM.