View Single Post

Thread: Through the door of Angels

1. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Through the door of Angels

Crystal

Crystal smiles lopsidedly at her chief as they part ways. "You know I'm not one to dwell on where I'm from, sir. Only where I'm going. Good luck to you too. It's been an honour." She salutes her squad smartly and boards the coach without looking back.

The journey to Angelus Ianum is passed mostly in studious silence as Crystal reads. None of the other people on the coach appear to be of any consequence, so she pays them little heed. It almost comes as a surprise as the coach arrives at their destination and the guards wave them through. She returns the guards' salutes, but shakes her head at the implication she may be headed for the wall.

"Detective Wolfe, here on detached duty. I just have a few errands in town. I'll try not to cause you any trouble."

Arriving at the Golden M, Crystal takes a moment to admire the craftsmanship of the inn. She has to admit this is a step up from a barracks, and she reflects that hopefully direct service for the emperor will come with more perks of the same.

An elf with a hawk is just unusual enough to make Crystal wonder if this might be one of her new associates but it doesn't do to assume. Instead she waits politely at a discreet distance until the staff and the elf have concluded their business, whereupon she approaches for service.

"Good day. My name is Detective Wolfe, I believe you have a room prepared for me? I'm supposed to meet some associates here and I was wondering if any of them had arrived yet."
    Last edited by RCgothic; 2019-08-16 at 05:37 PM.