Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
I can try, the problem is, from my perspective, your statement is so obviously false its like trying to prove that 1 doesn't equal 2. Furthermore, its really hard to actually provide evidence someone will accept online.

I have been running playtests for decades, and I have plenty of data, but without actually being able to invite you to witness / participate those playtests, you are likely to dismiss it as anecdotes.

I can show you mathematical proofs, like that if you want a werewolf with 5s in all his physical stats you will require more XP to do so if you start at 3/3/4 than if you start at 5/4/1, or that an AD&D party where a mage invests in strength based non-weapon proficiences and a fighter who invests in intelligence based proficiencies is mathematically less likely to be able to succeed at a random assortment of tests, but you can just dismiss that as someone "playing the game wrong".

I can show you people who have proved that a 3.5 cleric or druid can do everything a fighter can and more, or the "same game test" where they tried to mathematically quantify the powers of various characters, but you will likely (and rightly) dismiss that as a flawed system.

I can show you scientific studies on cross-training in the work place that lay out the dangers of over-specialization and over-generalization, but you can just say that those principles don't apply to RPGs.

So, before I can down to digging, can you please tell me exactly what claim I am trying to prove and what sort of evidence you will accept?

I am not seeing where he states that it is only his opinion, but even so that doesn't change the quality of his evidence.
Not up to me to decide how you prove that your statement is an objective truth, that falls on you.