Quote Originally Posted by Contrast View Post
It's interesting how occasionally someone says something which shows they're playing the game in a totally different way than you.

In the games I've played in a 10ft aura is often lucky to include 2 people, let alone the entire party.
I had the same thought, it's been a constant struggle to keep our 75ft speed monk tethered within a reasonable distance. Being able to keep them protected while they can still go be the speedy monk they want to be would be an ideal trait for the shield to have. I'm particularly fond of the ideas that allow the shield to impose itself over them even at the cost of my own protection but my DM is pretty adamant about avoiding further AC boosts at the moment, we're pretty above average already (24 AC Monk, still takes the most hits).

The party just picked up a flyer which only makes things more difficult on this front. I was hesitant to even bring it up with the DM because as a Paladin the limited range of my aura's is just about the only counterplay he has to work with. They're very powerful effects.

The shield throw idea I like, it reminds me that this character is based off (in a very roundabout way) a character I had put together in Divinity:OS 2 who has specialized in the geomancy and martial skills. Shield Throw was his most damaging skill, which for those who don't know, does damage equal to the armor the shield grants. A bouncing shield that deals damage equal to my AC isn't completely overpowered and it would be pretty dang cool.