Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
I've mostly just been clearing through with a few extra people grabbed with both games so far. Working to steal two more out of the Black Eagles since...I got all the people in Golden Dear at max relationship among themselves and I have at least two more run throughs in the game. The DLC seems to be having more recruit-able people coming? So I figure if I work through all the characters by house and save up Renown since I've got the Statues maxed more or less I can just splurge when the DLCs are all released and take Golden Deer again because I love those guys.

I recruited Felix in my last game and he seems a much happier sort when he was in my class. Among his own class he...he's a real jerk. Sylvian is understandable but a jerk and I'm finding it hard to care about Ashe and his general moon eyed naivatte and Dimitr's...I don't even know what to call it. He just seems kinda bland compared to Claude. Mercedes...isn't doing it for me either, compared to Marianne. Marianne had some teeth to her story where as Mercedes is just...Team Mom in all the ways that just bore me. Dedue just seems to have been handed a bad lot. I don't dislike him but he's just so bland.

The standouts for me in Blue Lion are Annette...who is just adorable in a little sister sort of way and Ingrid who is the stand out for me personally. Before, not recruiting her, she seemed cold and distracted. Now that I'm teaching her class she seems like she should have been the main character for the Blue Lion route. Arraigned Marriage, responsibility to her friends, ethics and a reason to fight.

Over all it's at least been nice to see all of these people from another angle, even if it's made me sort of dislike a character I previously liked. Felix for Golden Deer forever.
Ashe is a pure, naive cinnamon roll and Sylvain has a lot more going for him. They are not the best characters in the game. But then there are no badly written ones either.