I just got to the ball, and learned something I suspected but could never prove: 13 is not neccessarily good enough to win the dance competition. I had Raphael at exactly 13, and lost out to Dmitri. Fortunately I did a Paralogue that gave me a Black Pearl right beforehand, so I'm hoping giving him a +2 boost will be enough to push him over the edge. Dmitri and Claude still strike me as tough competition

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
I don't think Sylvain doesn't have more going for him, he's certainly talented and cares for the people he loves. So far none of the characters have been badly written, at least not the ones I've dealt with. Still have two Black Eagle games to go. Will probably go on a recruiting spree when I do the Church Route since by then, everyone will have the option of a B rank with me if everything goes to plan. I'm only in chapter six of my Blue Lion game and I've got B rank with my entire class and they all have at least B rank with one another. So yeah, way way different than my last game.
As I was told at around about the same chapter of Blue Lions:

Oh you sweet summer child.

I'm having a hard time judging who my favorite class is between Blue Lions and Golden Deer, personally. I like hanging out with the Blue Lions characters more, but the personal storylines of the Golden Deers are generally better.

From Black Eagles, I'd say I like Dorothea and maybe Linhardt and Bernadette. Linhardt can be great, but he's a jerk a fair bit of the time. Bernadette is either hilarious or irritating, depending on my mood (and the specific person she's with).

Petra, Caspar, and Ferdinand are all kind of bland to me. Hubert and Edelgard are two of the only characters I actively dislike (with the third being Felix when interacting with the other Blue Lions, where his Sasuke Edgelord tendencies are most pronounced). If I had to choose a fourth, it'd probably be Lorenz. He's probably about the same level as Ferdinand in noble twittery though. I thought console was going to have a smugness overload when they had a Support conversation together.

In combat terms, I've discovered that Pegasus Archers are brutal. I've got Leonie and Ingrid teaming up to rain fire down, and pretty soon Petra will be joining them on Wyvernback.