Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
PEACHING
Request, change the yellow color. Yellow against white is nearly impossible to read

You are giving a lot of abilities at level 1, I think to much personally. Yes, warlocks have a tendency to be frontloaded in published material, but I think you have given to much. One of the two abilities (or a massively reduced seed of chaos with Chaos Curse, would be plenty to make this a fun character and not be overpowered). If you wanted to make the Seeds of chaos grow in power at 6th level instead of the lvl 6 ability that would be fitting to me. There are also a lot of random things going on here (random damage types, random elemental damage, random direction), I see no problems with all that, but I would put in charts so that the DM doesn't have to write them.

Seed of Chaos - At first I thought this was way, way overpowered, but then I read more carefully. 2 times per long rest and an action to activate does tamp down the power. There are a few things with this ability that could use a touch up though. The 15% chance of missing is a little wonky and could serve to slow down the game some. I would actually look at giving disadvantage instead to work within the normal confines of the game and avoid extra re-rolls.

Adding 1d4 to spells and attacks will make EB almost silly powerful later in the game. So, a well placed EB with hex will do 1d10+1d6+1d4+cha mod damage per hit and you could hit with 4 of them? That ends up being a lot of damage per hit (even crazier if you are a Sorlock and you also quicken EB during the same turn).

The bullet about HP instead of the spell slot is the most problematic. 1 HP for a cantrip is pointless since we aren't limited to the amount of cantrips we can use. Otherwise, you get WAY to many spells available to a warlock. With a good healing (especially one with Healing Spirit) you can drop spells at max level constantly and never think about it.

As for the last bullet, I don't see what it even does. They are infected with chaos energy, but what actually happens to them when they are? Looks like you define what this does later on. You should reference that here

Overall, I would look at dropping the blood cost to get extra spells bullet completely. Then, to make it more standard with most Warlock abilities make it 1 per short rest instead of 2 per long rest. Then a suggestion on what could make it more chaotic in general, have the Seed of Chaos last a number of round equal to a percentile dice rolled (so it would be anywhere from 1 round to 10 minutes). Sure that would be more work tracking for the player, but it would a fun fit into the theme.

The Chaos Curse - There is a lot going on here and the formatting needs to be cleaned up slightly. That being said... I would reduce the blindness to 1 round instead of two, especially since you can bag of rats these things. I see these things being super effective early on, but being almost useless later on in combat for anything other than the self destruct ability. In looking at the new Invocations, you are really getting into dangerous territory for the bag of rats being overpowered.

Devour Chaos - Fails bag of rats test completely since you are gain HP not temp HP. I would suggest dropping this completely and adding instead the abilities removed from Seed of Chaos here.

Portalwake - This would be a nightmare for a DM to deal with, but so, so fun in game as the PC :)

Anarch's Rage - Looks pretty cool, I don't see anything here that needs adjusted.

Overall thoughts here. There are definitely some balance issues that need to be tamed down and a few abilities that fail the bag of rats test and need to be touched up. Also, I feel like all the abilities are all combat based and there isn't much in the social or exploration tier of the game. The summoning of chaos and thriving on it is really cool. I like the theming significantly more than the Chaos Sorcerer since you get more control over it verses the DM calling for surges. It looks like in it's final form it would be an absolute blast to play!