Quote Originally Posted by Leewei View Post
Spoiler
Show
Scribe's play got a lot of Hasenbach's subjects killed, and threatened the accords. Hasenbach herself was badly injured by the ordeal, and is certainly out for blood.

Cordelia is almost certainly a match for the Black Queen when it comes to determining that people are acting in bad faith - and Cat knows this.
Maybe I'll be surprised, but as things stand, I think Scribe will be handed over to the First Prince of Procer and made an example of. Doing so will seal the deal on the accords.
Spoiler: Chapter 73
Show
It's not really Scribe's play though is it? She had explicit orders to stop the play, orders that she visibly carried out. She failed in those orders, yes. But even Named can fail. Maybe Hasenbach could sniff it out if she met Scribe face to face, but even Cat couldn't actually determine what Scribe's motive was, not until Adjutant gave her the clue.

I expect that Hasenbach will likely have the expectation that, yes Scribe likely allowed the plot to happen, just so she could visibly be seen taking steps to help stop it, in order to prove the loyalty of herself and Black. I don't think she would like that, but that's the sort of thing that Hasenbach would accept.