If I'm being honest, I feel like that racial template is WAY too powerful. It has barely any penalties beyond roleplaying ones, which may be glossed over. I'd definitely lose the chameleonic skin, and perhaps re-word the multiple limbs to describe the second pair as being more primitive, and incapable of complex function (eg using weapons for attacks) - allowing for basic interaction. Otherwise, someone else could easily say "well, why can't I dual-wield two-handed weaponry for my two attacks per turn?" Sleepless should be more like the warforged one - you still need a long rest, you just don't need to sleep; I know it's a "once per day" thing but in theory, that allows a thri-kreen spellcaster the ability to regain all their spell slots twice in a "day".

the other "penalties" for language, armour - totally reasonable, as they mostly impact on the RP aspect but make sense and seem fair. But I think compared to all the benefits, paying double for armour, and only have a disadvantage on one skill? Not fairly balanced. Maybe *any* Cha skill check disadvantage*?

* this is a big bugbear** for me, in that Intimidate and Persuade seem like opposite ends of the Cha scale - wouldn't someone with low Cha be perhaps MORE scary and intimidating? It's a weird one.
** or your race of choice.