First draft of the Spellbound barbarian is up! I still need to write up the metasurge abilities (and find a better word for it besides metasurge...). It's pretty much just normal metamagic, so there'll be stuff that enhances the range of the blast, gives enemies disadvantage on their saves, excluding specific creatures, etc. Maybe some more unique stuff as well, like designating creatures that will gain HP equal to the dice roll, or a short distance teleport after you use the surge, like a rocket jump.

I'm not sure how to scale how many Surge Points you get though. Kind of following the precedent that third casters like the Eldritch Knight, you could get more points at 7th, 13th, and 19th level. I could also scale it like a cantrip, with bonuses at 5th, 11th, and 17th level. The Ancestral Guardian path 6th level feature gets buffed at 10th and 14th level, while the Storm Herald's 3rd level feature strangely scales every 5 levels...

I'm hesitant on the 6th and 14th level features. Just giving identify and detect magic at 6th level feels kind of weak, but counterspell feels pretty powerful, even if it does end your rage prematurely. At the same time, the 14th level ability is just kind of... boring...

Also
Quote Originally Posted by thisdude9001 View Post
Paladin with photosynthesis
I am very curious about this.