1. - Top - End - #445
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Got a Real-World Weapon, Armour or Tactics Question? Mk. XXVIII

What's it for and how much spare volume do you have in the cyberarm?

For the same of utility, assuming that simply carrying around weapons like a normal person is a problem for some reason, I would think a small concealed blade in hand for knife stuff and a proper weapon like a gun in your arm for combat would be better than a long fighting blade.

I'm dubious about the overall combat utility of integral weapons anyway.

Melee weapons suffer from things like lack of mobility unless you somehow incorporate all the articulation available to a sword gripped in a hand. Also, I don't think it would be great to parry with something that's wired directly into your skeleton. Also, melee weapons are generally much less effective at killing people in comparison to, for example, rapid fire rifles (a very old technology compared to fully functional cyberlimbs).

Missile weapons, which are effective weapons, do things that are incompatible with being contained within the human body e.g. waste heat, recoil, toxic fumes etc.

So using limbs as somewhere to hide holdout grade weapons for special situations might be the most realistic application of this kind of thing.

I think if sufficient technology exists to overcome these problems, you could go in a variety of different ways anyway. So you maybe better off thinking about what kind of aesthetic you are after and then go about justifying it.
    Last edited by Mr Beer; 2019-09-17 at 06:35 PM.
    Re: 100 Things to Beware of that Every DM Should Know

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    93. No matter what the character sheet say, there are only 3 PC alignments: Lawful Snotty, Neutral Greedy, and Chaotic Backstabbing.