View Single Post

Thread: Need help with Rogue/Warlock Multiclass

1. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Need help with Rogue/Warlock Multiclass

Quote Originally Posted by LentilNinja View Post
    Good to see you're sold on HexBuckler.

As for which of the two paths, if you go Warlock 5 might I tempt you into Warlock 6? The Accursed Specter might disrupt your SA opening Swashbuckler gives you, but even if you're not using him as an advantage machine it's still a whole extra turn of possibilities. Hell, if you're nice you could get him to Help another character instead and offer advantage. It's a great way to get your party members to like you (and put up with your less than legal shenanigans).
    I will definitely get that, since my end game is warlock 8! I am just trying to get the most important features in the shortest amount time! Might even try get evasion earlier for max skirmish power.

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    Most of the Warlock Improved Familiars can turn themselves Invisible - The Quasit, Sprite & Imp can, the Pseudodragon cannot. It just depends on what other benefits you want.
    • Pseudodragon: +3 Perception (and Advantage), +4 Stealth, Blindsight 10 ft & Darkvision 60 ft, understands Draconic, Telepathic, can sting a target to give the poisoned condition, and potentially knock targets unconscious. Fly speed 60
    • Quasit: +5 Stealth, Darkvision 120 ft, Understands Abyssal, can Scare a target 1x/day, and attacks can give the poisoned condition. Land speed 40
    • Sprite: +3 Perception, +8 Stealth, understands Elven & Sylvan, can magically know the emotional state of creatures touched & potentially alignment, can shoot a target at 40/60 to give the poisoned condition, and potentially knock targets unconscious. Fly speed 40
    • Imp: +4 Deception, +3 Insight, +4 persuasion, +5 stealth, darkvision 120 with devil's sight, understands Infernal, and attacks deal decent damage (1d4+3 piercing and an additional 3d6 poison on a failed Con Save, or save for half). Fly Speed of 40

What this means is you can:
    • "translate" those languages by using an action to move your senses into your familiar
    • Forgo your attacks to have your familiar attack as a reaction, or channel a touch spell through the familiar to make it ranged
    • Telepathically communicate to have your familiar use its own turn to perform a non-attack action (which would not break invisibility), including Search, Help, the Quasit's Scare, or the Sprite's Heart Sight, on the familiar's turn

Note, you can always change your familiar out to a different one via ritual. So if you normally have an invisible imp on your shoulder (for example, because your Wisdom(Insight) is garbage and you don't have darkvision), but know everything in this area you're entering only speaks Giant, Aquan, or some other exotic language no one in your party knows, you can spend an hour switching to a Pseudodragon to be able to communicate telepathically simple ideas, emotions or images.
    I didnt know that O.o that is really cool to have a familiar like that. Can you move the familiar on your turn and still atk and such?
    and maybe I will go chain. Since smite is the only thing I am getting from blade pact even as evocation.
    Last edited by redjackettrnr; 2019-09-19 at 04:21 PM.