Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
I get the idea that we may be warming up for yet another "death of the author" side discussion. I'll get the popcorn.

Back to the current strip: Roy and Belkar sitting in the terminal dwarven temple *** beer hall and, waiting to board their plane the Mechane while pouring down a few beers resonates with me. Have been in that situation numerous times IRL at airports.

I get the nagging suspicion that there needs to be another strip or two that resolves Hilgya/Kudzu to close out the book. Sigdi and Durkon are off screen as the strip ends; I think that the next strip will see the four of them interact.
I'll skip the Death of the author, for now, because I doubt I have any novel opinions on it, so I'll talk about the more interesting speculation.

Durkon and his family/Hilgya and Kudzu make up the last loose end so they will definitely be dealt with, the Thundershield stuff can be mostly resolved in a goodbye strip and one word, but I have no clue what will happen with Hilgya besides we probably won't see her after this book until the final denouement, but that stuff will be dealt with next strip or the one after.

So predictions for the final strips of the book:
1181: Minrah dealing with her stuff
1182: Hilgya and Kudzu dealt with
1183: Thundershield goodbye (also getting on the Mechane)
1184: Team Evil
1185: Final cliffhanger, seeing IFCC, Sapphire Guard, more of Team Evil, Gobbotopia, Girard's Rift, Redmountain Rift, Lirian's rift or New Player (New Player could include characters interacting with the previous two rifts).