Quote Originally Posted by Petrocorus View Post
Apparently, i missed this too.

And my whole point is that i don't see this subtext.

Obviously the Giant know better than me what he meant, but i don't see where he meant this.

My whole understanding of about 250 strips and an important antagonist have suddenly been blown by a subtext that i just can't find. I reread a part of it yesterday and didn't find a single line of dialogue that seems to be about this.

So once again, i would be glad if someone can just point out some lines, some example of this subtext in the comic.
For the first one, read Tarquin's interactions with Miron and Laurin, as well as the first panel of this strip where Malack and V compare him to Elan, showing his teammates have a complete lack of respect for him.

As for (most of) the second one, well that's a lot more subtexty (his complete lack of respect for women is everywhere and I'm pretty sure that doesn't need to be pointed out) and you can't really point to any specific lines of dialogue, because he lacks respect for anyone besides sort of Nale and Elan, which is mostly his blood, but well don't discount the fact that Elan looks like the base protagonist of a fantasy story, and that (at least to me) is what the Giant is saying, while his blood is the main part of it, Tarquin knows that the stars of a fantasy story are often white men, usually human, with others relegated to secondary roles, and that effects how he treats everyone, the genderqueer elf is a nice secondary character, the white female human is the love interest, Durkon is a brown dwarf, another secondary mentor companion character, and he is perfectly fine with Roy in his place, and that place is the supporting character, the guiding Nick Fury, the minor villain general, the main supporting character, all things the black person can do, but not as the lead (and all of this is exacerbated by his core respect of people in their relation to him, his sexism oozes everywhere but his racism is more of the diet kind, that you probably wouldn't notice after awhile of knowing him, but it is there buzzing in the background).