Do we really have to do the Dragon Disciple thing again? It's been over a decade, let it go and make a ruling at your own table(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Mordaedil View Post
RAW versus RAI almost remind me of people studying computer class, where some have designed a complex loop of if statements, while others have a few lins of switches and for loops to do the same job, with fewer bugs at that.

At the end of the day, the books are written fallibly and are written to be read by humans and a certain level of capable debuggery, yet some people insist these rulebooks be written with if statements upon if statements.

I get it, it is the only consensus we can really agree on, but that does not a game make.
This, and frankly, "consensus" is a silly standard to chase anyway. Even if nobody is, say, actually using 1d43 for their scorpion-tail whip's damage, somebody online is going to say they do, for lulz if nothing else. I'm happy with just a plurality, and for some readings I'm even happy being in the minority. I don't have to justify myself to anyone but my GM (or my players, from the other side.)