1. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: How can I pass Physical Chemistry if quantum mechanics is gibberish to me?

The first exam is monday, and I'm not even close to ready for it. I don't think I can get help either. I'm trying to study for it, i'm working on the practice exam... problem is, it's not just formulas. it's like this question i've got in the book: "Energy is inversely proportional to the square of the length of the box. How do you account for this dependence in terms of Heisenberg uncertainty principle?"... To me this makes no sense because I see that HUP: dEdt = dxdp. I don't see an inverse relationship here, i see a direct relationship.

Ok, here's what I see: Lots and lots of greek letters, and I have a lot of difficulty finding what they're all supposed to mean. I failed Modern Physics, big time.

The teacher goes over so much complex looking math, so quickly, and I got lost weeks ago. I can't ask questions because I don't even know where to start. We went from something easy enough to understand- wavelength, energy, etc, stuff that wouldn't be out of place in other chemistry classes, then went straight into quantum mechanics and I got completely lost.
    Last edited by MonkeySage; 2019-09-27 at 12:58 AM.