1. - Top - End - #883
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Legendary Actions and More of Talakeal's Gaming Horror Stories

Quote Originally Posted by NichG View Post
    As has been suggested in this thread, if you just wrote down the stats of everything in a scene and placed it openly on the table, that would likely be a different matter. Your description of Bob reads as someone who doesn't like it when you spend table time talking (I'm not making any claim here that that's reasonable, but that's what I get from the description), not someone who fundamentally wants to not know things.

Your approach to giving Bob information likely reads to him like 'Peon, let me illuminate your ignorance and humiliate you in a way that you are obligated to permit in order to gain scant advantage!'. You're giving him information conditional on him tolerating a snarky NPC disadvantage his character and gripe at him. It's also quite likely that he sensed that you were going to say things to make it so that he was 'supposed' to get along with the NPC and perhaps OOC convince the other players of that, and by pre-emptively attacking he could prevent you from doing that metagame manipulation. That's not him hating getting information, thats him hating being forced to tolerate NPCs pushing him around in order to get information. Pre-emptively attacking the NPC is him saying 'This is unacceptable to me, so I'm going use my ability to stop it'.
    It seems like you are fundamentally saying the same thing that I have been saying I fear to be the case; Bob wants to spend time killing and feeling superior to NPCs, and will make whatever justifications are necessary for that to happen.
    Last edited by Talakeal; 2019-10-02 at 01:51 AM.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.