Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkmundur View Post
Wait you're writing a modulel?!?
Can I preorder?!
Hah! Flattery will get you everywhere!

I am, indeed, writing a module.

To give some backstory to this module's creation - the regular group I DM for, one of the players (Jessica) has a brother who is playing D&D (he's played before, but his friends are all new to D&D). Their DM (brand new to D&D, but interested in it), bought the "Essentials Kit" which has the Dragon of Icespire Peak module in it. He was running them through it, but his wife just dropped a +1 Infant on them. So he had to step back. So Jessica's brother as her if I would mind stepping in as a DM, until their DM is back. I agreed, but didn't want to continue the module and take that away from their DM. So I thought, "I will just make side quests that will keep the players in the area."

They're currently in Phandalin, and level 3.

So, I flipped through the monster manual to see what would jump out at me as a "Side Quest" for them...

Ended up scribbling an entire story line down that involves a Paladin whose family is killed by a White Dragon (see how I am setting things up for the module and tying it all together). And rumor has it, the Manor (located at the southern tip of Neverwinter Forest; just north of Phanadalin has something going on!) So the party is sent there to investigate!

The story line got pretty detailed (I've made parchments from the Paladin's diary and such, that are found throughout the Manor)...

It's called "The Secret of Havenfall Manor" with the line of: His love was the foundation for his curse.

It's a pretty tragic story. (Those are the best for D&D!)

The players are running through a much looser version than the module; the module I am adding much more to it than what the players are going to experience, because I want it to feel like a real module, where as for the current players, being new to D&D I don't want to throw too much at them. But it's definitely intended as an "expansion" of Dragons of Icespire Peak, if someone wanted to use it that way (or could be a stand alone).

For the players, I'd made this Youtube video to get them hyped about the adventure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrWL-iv8pm4