Thread: First kingdom campaign (world building

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default First kingdom campaign (world building

"IMPORTANT POST TO LOOK AT FOR UPDATES"
    POST #7
    POST #13
    POST #14

Alright so im currently making my own world that i want to run a game in, but before a fully planned campaign i want to run a exploration and survival game where the players are basicly making the first roots of their civilization. the issue of it is i dont quite know how to pull this off. so far this is my issue

1st: i dont want their civilization to already have a place they have locked down as their capital or home base. i want them to be able to decide or build most towns and villages, or at least start that work.
    2nd: i want them to be at the point where they can make a castle but they haven't yet.
    3rd: there are islands in my world close to a major landmass where i want them to settle so they need to be able to sea fair but i dont know if thats to far off from the technology level i want them to be at.
    4th: they are going to start off low magic. most likely any player who takes a magic class wont be able to take most divination spells and spells that make survival less important

Has anyone ran a game where their players were the first explorers?
    Has anyone ran a game (outside of kingmaker) where players build their own kingdom?
    Would this work with a very limited populated world? (the rest of the world would be settling just like the pcs).

Edit: Go to POST #7, 13, 14 for where im currently at after reading peoples Responses.
    I am going to let this thread get some respones now before i become the only one posting... Last checked 10/12/2019 10:21am "PST/PDT/UTC-7"
    Last edited by lord4571; 2019-10-13 at 12:22 AM.
    mother always said "STAND BEHIND BRAUM" walks... BOOM!!! "ally has been slain" uooh thats gotta sting.