View Single Post

Thread: Crypt of the Everflame IC

1. - Top - End - #24
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Crypt of the Everflame IC

In answer, Gwyn holds up a similar bit of parchment for the others to look at. "Huh... I suppose it would be nice to know where we're heading. Guess I just figured you townies would know the way to the crypt by now and I could just follow you," the girl admits with a bashful smile. Although none of her companions had yet to undertake the quest to retrieve the Everflame until now—obviously—Gwyn had always imagined the crypt as a popular meeting-place for folks of their age to indulge in a bit of youthful mischief and adventure. After all, she's always assumed that life in Kassen had to be more exciting than her quiet existence back in The Grove.

As talk turns to what each person in their group is capable of, Gwyn is surprised to find she and Zion are more alike—at least in terms of abilities—than she had initially assumed. It's a smart idea, knowing what each other's strengths and weaknesses are on the off chance they do run into any trouble. So when the time for Gwyn to share comes around, she does so freely. "Well, when I help bring back the Everflame—or, if I make it back," Gwyn corrects herself with an amused snort before continuing, "I'll officially be initiated into my community's druidic order." Her tone is not what one would expect from someone eager to undergo such an important rite. For a few moments, the girl's typically open expression becomes a faraway look, as if her mind is in another place. Distantly remembering that she had been in the middle of saying something important, Gwyn blinks, chasing away her idle ponderings and coming back to the matter at hand. "Anyway, I've had some training in the things you might expect. I'm a fair healer, least when it comes to bumps and scrapes and such. I, uh... Oh, I can speak to animals. And I can get along in the wilds well enough, too; know how to stay dry and which berries are safe to eat and whatnot," she says, bringing the hood of her emerald cloak up to shield her from the wind and help conceal her vibrant red tresses. Like Elissa and Phillip had said, one never knew where danger might be lurking in the Fangwood Forest; it was best to try and keep it from spotting you before you spotted it. "But mostly, I shoot fire out of my hands, too," she says, giving Zion a conspiratorial wink.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sheet is updated!
    Last edited by Queen of Sheba; 2019-10-15 at 03:57 PM.