1. - Top - End - #48
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

d6 Re: Why do rule lawyers have a bad reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    Note that they're talking about a basilisk-inflicted petrify, which is not a higher-than-5th-level spell. Of course, whether a basilisk's petrifying gaze allows you to loot the stone bodies is a separate question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil DM Mark3 View Post
    Must, resist, urge, to...

Flesh to stone also turns all carried gear to stone, making me wonder how on earth you were able to plunder them?

Sorry but it can be painful to hold those in

In all seriousness that comment might have started an actual rules lawyer debate (re item saves and the fact that the spell targets the creature BUT states is effects their gear) but what you said isn't rules lawyering by any sane definition. It does rather devalue Stone to Flesh apart from dealing the Flesh to Stone (which Break Enchantment DOESN'T work on being 6th level) and fringe golem hunting roles however. Fringe golem hunting roles that are a themselves an endless pit of rules lawyerness due to one really dumb line in Stone to Flesh mind you...
    If you read break enchantment it turns them back to flesh just like stone to flesh would. They blow the saving throw the flesh becomes (some sort of gooey mess). The magic items and normal gear are not flesh they survive metal does care for time. My 1/2 orc wizard does not mind getting her hands dirty searching through the gooey mess for the items she seeks.

That is how you loot stone statues with that spell. They die I take there stuff.

Stone flesh and flesh to stone are 1 round spells break enchantment is a full 10 round spell.
    Last edited by denthor; 2019-10-15 at 08:54 PM.
    9 wisdom true neutral cleric you know you want me in your adventuring party