1. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Play yourself in d&d how do you stat yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravinsild View Post
    being absolutely realistic as comparing myself to an ACTUAL adventurer, like me my real self I'd be flat 10's. Maybe 8's in some places. Compared to any of my characters. If I got Isekei'd I'd die day 1 for sure.

Me as a human, I would get absolutely destroyed by ANY of the characters I've rolled/created. No contest. I'd die really quickly if D&D were real life and I tried to be an adventurer.
    A lot of it would just be training. You can train to be a relatively competent adventurer. You can increase STR, DEX, INT by preparing for the upcoming adventure you want to embark on. Honestly, I'm thinking most of us would be using tools and the environment WAY more if D&D was real life in order to secure the best advantage we can get against whatever we're going up against. Caltrops would be used more, so would ball bearings.

Fire would be a tool for sure, guerilla warfare would be more common. We wouldn't go charging death or glory style in our adventures I don't think

Quote Originally Posted by Willie the Duck View Post
    I have never seen good situations result when asking a bunch of (I am guessing) nerdish type people rating their own Int scores. The person who assigned themselves a moderate score for reasons related to prioritizing humility resents the person who did the opposite, the person who think they are the smartest person in the group finds out to their dismay that their peers do not shar that opinion, and everyone whips out their own evidence of clearly superior minds or unverifiable stories about tests where the proctors went through massive hurdles to verify that they weren't cheating since they'd never seen a score that high, etc. Maybe others have had better luck, but it just seems like a great way to strain friendships. Honestly D&D standard array seems like a better idea, where you are only ranking your own abilities relative to each other.
    I've had better luck in my group like this because most of us are way more honest with our skills. Our intellect are all fairly similar. It's usually 12-16 for us. I fancy myself a 16 because of my proficiency with reading, computer science, math and the like. But I lack severely in the common sense and wisdom department which is another, and arguably more important mental stat.

Nobody in my group would be giving themselves an 18-20 INT score though. None of us are that arrogant.
    Last edited by Stone-Ears; 2019-10-18 at 12:12 PM.