1. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Play yourself in d&d how do you stat yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone-Ears View Post
    A lot of it would just be training. You can train to be a relatively competent adventurer. You can increase STR, DEX, INT by preparing for the upcoming adventure you want to embark on. Honestly, I'm thinking most of us would be using tools and the environment WAY more if D&D was real life in order to secure the best advantage we can get against whatever we're going up against. Caltrops would be used more, so would ball bearings.

Fire would be a tool for sure, guerilla warfare would be more common. We wouldn't go charging death or glory style in our adventures I don't think
    Fair enough. I went through united states army basic training in 2007, I scored well on the ASVAB (99), I took the ACT once and got a 28, scored well enough on standardized testing to get into a magnet school, etc.

However I think in general, compared to real adventurers who are like Orcs and Dragonborn and ELVES and stuff I'd just be 10's and sometimes 8's. Like yeah I can do the football field training jump through the car tires thing alright, had pretty good PT scores, I am fairly athletic doing many sports. I just don't think I measure up to my characters on a pound for pound, toe for toe basis hahaha. I think that's the whole point of playing D&D. They're just BETTER than us. That's why its fun.
    Last edited by Ravinsild; 2019-10-18 at 12:10 PM.