View Single Post

Thread: The 50-State Initiative IC

1. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The 50-State Initiative IC

"Bannermen. Great." Melissa muttered to herself as the team started to disperse. Before they could get very far, Mimi addressed the group obliquely.

"So.. what were you all selected for? It's important know what each of you can do to make for an effective team. You can probably guess from my inconspicuous backpack what I can do." She continued, "The government has about half-a-dozen of these things laying around and not many folks can utilize it without getting hurt." Mimi kinda made a weird expression, "I only know one other guy who can do it and he's not exactly on speaking terms with the U.S. Government.”

“So you get me.”

"Advanced scout and rescue. I was also in S.H.I.E.L.D. for a while before saying that could get you put on some kind of watch-list." She looked over at David and Jamie Maddox, her gaze accidentally making direct eye contact with Jamie- something she hadn't done with any of them yet. "Probably a few more of you were former S.H.I.E.L.D. also." Mimi suggested, clearly putting David and Jamie in that same group.

We all know what a boon an Asgardisn can be.” She continues, clearly indicating Zhanty. ”..and of course having a hometown hero who was on the news is great for PR, we all know what you're capable of." She added, glancing Tim's way and letting her gaze linger on some of his more defined muscular features. Okay, make no mistake he was an attractive man, but she couldn't let that distract her. "But why can do you do those things?" HYDRA, probably.

"And you, Mr. Harley Keener. You obviously aren't merely tech support or you would have met us here and not out front. You must be some serious anomalies to be here with the rest of us. Too young to be here, out of your depth, and an obvious STARK boy?" She frowned at him. "No need to be shy about it; you're Spider-Man, aren't you?"
    Last edited by Deja Who?; 2019-10-21 at 06:07 PM.