Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
Yeesh I've been gone a while.

Maybe something about finding traps for exploration? That would certainly feed into the theme of keeping allies from harm.

Trandir's suggestion to simplify cutting board looks okay to me, although it leaves off attacking with such weapons. My wording:

Cutting Board
When you are dealt slashing or piercing damage by a weapon, including a natural weapon, the creature holding the weapon must make a strength save (DC 8 + your constitution modifier + your proficiency bonus) or be grappled by you, as the weapon gets stuck in your body (attacks with thrown weapons or ammunition automatically fail this save). The attacker can repeat this save at the end of its turn, or if able it can end the condition by letting go of the weapon. If the weapon isn't held another creature can then take the weapon, being grappled and making the saving throw until the weapon is dislodged.

Whenever you take the attack option, you can remove weapons and ammunition from yourself (as if taking them from a bag), and are considered proficient when attacking with them before the start of your next turn. When you take a piece of ammunition, it has a 1d4 damage die and gains the Thrown (20/60) property while you are considered proficient.

Not significantly shorter, but I was mostly aiming to simplify the way it works. Doesn't use separate grappling rules, and initially works the same way for natural and other melee attacks. Note also that ammunition technically doesn't have "damage as normal:" damage calculations are determined by the weapon firing the ammunition.

Is everyone else being shown an 11th level Ironhide feature on the homebrewery page? Because I'm not.
no, the subclasses are incomplete (and being reworked for part 2). That's a good condensation though, thank you. My only problem is the creature becoming grappled instead of the weapon becoming stuck, since you should be able to just let go