Lee shakes his head as he regards Jamie with a steely gaze. “Negative. I’ll be dropping into the area with you and calling the shots from the ground, in the thick of it side by side with the rest of you. We’re a team, no matter what.” He pauses, glancing around the room. “We have no idea what exactly we’re walking into, which isn’t exactly ideal for our first mission… But it doesn’t matter. Keep a cool head, follow orders, and we will save lives today.” He walks passed them, heading towards the hangar at a brisk pace. “Let’s head out.”

Falling in behind the government-appointed leader, the team jogs out into the hangar, where the quinjet is already ready to go, engines roaring in the confined area. The ramp descends so they can clamber aboard, giving them barely enough time to strap in before Vincent hits the throttle and begins ascending towards the ceiling.

“Alright boys and girls, let’s all play nice today.” Vincent says, opening the hangar bay doors. Sunlight streams in from above as the massive doors open, making a wide berth for the quinjet to rise up and over the city of Annapolis. “Hang on, kids, this is going to be a bumpy ride.” With that he switches to forward thrust, accelerating hard enough to slam anyone not prepared back into their seats.

Their communicator’s crackle to life in their ears as Scarlett chimes in. “Hey team, I’ll be orienting you from the situation room. The research institute reported that the anomaly is occurring in their primary lab on the north side of the facility. We’re beginning to detect signs of gamma radiation, so I’ve tweaked your bio-readings to warn me if you begin to hit hazardous radiation levels. If you get a buzz from me, that means you have to extract yourself pronto, unless you want to see if you become the next Hulk… Or a pile of irradiated ooze.”

“ETA to target, 10 minutes.” Vincent’s voice crackles over the radios. “Confirm launch site is cleared, PeeDee actual.” He banks slightly, shooting the Quinjet on a southwest trajectory. “Roger that.”