Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
Darn Helio, I didn't know you were the one to originally port the contest to GitP! Many congrats for your perseverance as a chair for all these years, all the fun and the laughs and the awesomeness you've brought here. I have quite a hard time imagining the subforum without an Iron Chef thread popping up on the first or second page. Hat's off

For what it's worth, there was a CustServ answer somewhere I think where the very question of how do Trapsmiths qualify was raised. I remember the WotC guys answering that a reasonable take on the subject would be to replace the sentence about qualification with "Must have spent all his previous level filling his spells slots of the level the character has Haste as a known spell by Haste spells".

EDIT: ah, there it is. This quote comes from Minmaxforum actually. So the designer of the class said:

As an aside, this class is so interesting and promising, we'll be sure to get a colorful round! I remember reading you've set your mind on the theme for IC C quite a long time ago, Helio. Is that why?
Thanks!

Ah, in that case I'll go with the designer's intent - the special requirement is reworded accordingly.

Yes, I've wanted this for a while now. I wanted to continue the tradition of having a decent class every 10 contests, and Swiftblade is popular, has really interesting, flavourful, and unique abilities, and is a good level of decently powerful without being boringly OP. Also, it has that trade-off of whether you go for all 10 levels or 9th level spells!