View Single Post

Thread: Night Below (IC)

1. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Night Below (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by ProudGrognard View Post
    "What is a practitioner of the Art doing here, all alone?"
    The man graciously nods at the offer of more food for the camp and nods toward a small tin platter of ingredients by the fire, which one at a time were floating into the stew. Beans, carrots, and sliced turnips were present, but no meat.
    "You flatter me. I am merely a dilettante and peddler traveling the road through Milborne up through Thurmaster. At least, most years."

Spoiler: Insight
    Show
    His left hand is shaking a bit from time to time, and he looks over his shoulder and toward his cart, small enough for a man to drag alone, enough to send the message that he is nervous. Looking at you, he's noticeably more hopeful - though not necessarily of his own safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    Are you traveling alone?
    "Ah, not for much longer. I was headed up my usual yearly route through Haranshire - North from Harlaton up to Milborne, then following the river to Thurmaster - but my friend who follows the same route, Kavi - he's also a peddler, but we trade different goods - passed me by about an hour ago." The man pauses a moment, then thinks to introduce himself.
    "I'm Gordrenn. These roads are generally pretty safe - the lizardfolk raid what little farmland there is here, and tend to leave us journeymen alone - but Kavi passed on some rumors of more danger up the road. Kidnappings, disappearances. Mostly, I don't mind turning back to Harlaton and waiting for the Carmans to clear up the danger, but I have one scheduled delivery that's already been paid for that simply can't wait."

Realizing that he'd been rambling a bit, Gordrenn waits a moment to give you all a chance to speak.

Spoiler: Intelligence (History) DC 11 - Autosuccess if you've lived in Haranshire
    Show
    The Carman family is one of the two families that dominate the lands of the Haranshire, owning most of the farmland and copper mines west of the Thornwood. They employ the majority of the constable in this region, as well.

The lizardfolk raids Gordrenn is referring to haven't been a problem for four months - based on what he's said about traveling here yearly, it seems his information is out of date.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-10-25 at 04:29 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!