Back on topic: For abilities that it is appropriate for a martial to have, well I've got a few major types and I'll give a few examples for each.

Technical - Based on control, refinement and execution: Cutting the wind (ranged attacks with melee weapon), aiming for the right places to disable an enemy, extra defences and reactions and various special techniques.

Strength - Raw power and toughness: Basic applications of strength like lifting might be underestimated (lots of supplies, moving things out of the way), throwing large objects is handy (as a siege weapon), the ability to stay rooted against immense force, shockwave attacks and of course wielding a really big weapon.

Agility - Speed and flexibility: Wall run and other acrobatics, stealth and sneaking, slight of hand tricks, accuracy, rate-of-fire and trick shots with ranged weapons (rate of attack with melee weapons attack), dodging and always going first.

Will/Emotion - Based on overriding the bodies normal limits: Super-states, continuing to fight unhindered by injury, sensing danger and resisting or ignoring magical effects.

Auxiliary Skills - Other non-magic abilities I think fit a "physical" or "worldly" character: Cooking so tasty it functions as healing potions, singing and preforming to inspire (as bard), camouflage, disguise, lying, construction of safe shelters, negotiation and bartering, crafting effectively magically items, leadership and communication.

Semi-Mystical - Magic but from a body based view point for characters close to the line: Enchant weapons and armour, identify spells and other magical effects, controlling spirit or ki, calling magical allies, disabling or negating magical effects with physical actions.