I have little knowledge of the weight of the Macharius name - but somehow I doubt it is enough to swing either the Administratum or the Ecclesiarchy. But I figure if we give the priesthood something they want, we might succesfully get them to ... suggest to the Administratum an equitable solution. As in: Offer the Ecclesiarchy to bankroll and equip a peace keeping mission, with the express intention to dedicate the world to .. Saint Cognatius for instance.

And rather than say 'and in return, we'd like the claim to the planet' - a better wording would be 'and House Macharius would like to offer to maintain the peace and sanctity of this place in perpetuum.

We could even make some sort of claim that we suspected his tomb was there, on Viatrame.
She ponders Macharius' personality very briefly - then adds: Not that I would suggest lying to the ecclesiarchy. But it seems a decent enough theory, right? Someone crashed there, with tech from when the Imperium was young. And propably someone important, too.

Spoiler: OOC
Show

I have no idea whether Felidae would know of Cognatius - but it feels like they may have been alive at the same time, back in the day.