View Single Post

Thread: D&D 5e Subclass Contest Chat Thread

1. - Top - End - #952
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: D&D 5e Subclass Contest Chat Thread

Path of the flow zone is also up. Will fix some flavor text to it during the weekend.

The Nilbog patron
    The spells are nice and thematic.

Reversal of fortune looks slightly too strong. In practice it can prevent 4 times as much damage as the fiend patron's similar ability per use and it will be easier to trigger it. Fiend's Dark one's blessing can trigger more times per day but I don't think the warlock will be the one dealing the killing blow regularly enough. Nilbog also gets two extra cantrips at level 1. Having it equal to warlock level + charisma instead of 2*warlock level + charisma and either prevent the damage or getting the temp. hp would be enough.

Emanate nilbogism could probable be reduced to 30 feet and still be very strong? It might also be too strong to have it both trigger on causing saves and attacking as well but since it requires concentration that should not be an issue.

Fear and low things. Nice and thematic!

Greater Nilbogism pushes two very strong abilities even stronger and removes any counterplay against the aura effect.

Way of the Stilled Tide
    Overall very clean (which I like), might be a little bit on the weak side before the capstone. Knowledge is power and Perfect Clarity are nice and thematic but the class brings little otherwise. I would buff winding rivers a little as I value reaction attacks pretty low and this one is very circumstantial; give that attack a little extra damage (like roll the damage dice twice and use the highest) or make it more likely to hit (like the attack deals some of the damage even if it misses).
    Last edited by Fnissalot; 2019-10-31 at 03:53 AM.