View Single Post

Thread: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

1. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    But, most importantly, new cards to talk about! Spoilering for length.
    Spoiler: New Cards
    Show

Galakrond, the Nightmare: Rogue 7 mana Hero. Battlecry: Draw 1 card, it costs 0 (Invoke twice to upgrade). New hero power: 2 mana, put a Lackey in your hand.
    - Definitely has potential. That battlecry is strong, especially when fully upgraded (and incidentally, it sucks that the card gallery can't display what the upgrades are - I only know that the final version is Draw 4 and equip a 5/2 weapon because of Trump's video on the first few cards revealed). My question is whether the upgrade effect only triggers if you're holding Galakrond in your hand when you Invoke, though - that's how upgrades of the past worked, and makes this substantially harder to upgrade since, well, legendary, there will only be one in your deck. If that's so, I'm a bit iffier on these cards' overall power level, but they're definitely worth a shot, I think.

Emerald Explorer: Druid 6 mana 4/8 Dragon. Taunt. Battlecry: Discover a Dragon.
    - Holy smokes, is that good. Good stat distribution for a taunt minion at that price, plus a solid Discover battlecry? That is a serious push to a value-oriented, non-Quest Druid. Ysera may be less convincing, but this looks like it gives Dragon/Control Druid more potential.

Dwarven Sharpshooter: Hunter 1 mana 1/3. Your Hero Power can target minions.
    - Hey, it's that one old card whose name I've forgotten and can't be bothered to look up, but dropped to 1 mana and losing only 1 attack for it. That's a definite improvement, to be sure, but I don't know whether it's enough of one to make it see play. Wait and see mode here.

Dragonbane: Hunter 4 mana 3/5 Mech. After you use your Hero Power, deal 5 damage to a random enemy minion.
    - Pretty darn strong Inspire effect on a reasonable body for the cost - they're definitely pushing this. Still, same comments as Phase Stalker, I am skeptical and unsure of how this experiment will turn out just at the moment.

Waxadred: Rogue 5 mana 7/5 Dragon. Deathrattle: Shuffle a Candle into your deck that resummons Waxadred when drawn.
    - Value Rogue card, very slow, probably not great as such.

Even back in the Classic-only days Sunwalker didn't see much play outside of arena, nor did Bonedrake when it was printed. And Sen'jin and Yeti haven't been good enough for constructed for a very long time now either. These days we have a Yeti that is a mech and also deals 10 to a minion from turn 10 and onward, and the deck that runs that isn't even top of the meta anymore.
    Spoiler: replies
    Show

Galakrond(all varieties)
    i thought he said it was like C`Thun and happened wherever your Galakrand was?
    --just went and watched(a different video) but the lady talking said Galakrond gets to upgrade whether or not he is in your hand

--edit-- fully upgraded battlecry is "destroy 4 random enemy minions. equip a 5/2 claw." --edit--
    so seems like all of them are "lvl 1..doubled..doubled again + equip a 5/2 weapon"
    and yes..any card like Galakrond (or quests) SHOULD show you in the gallery just what the bleep they give you

emerald explorer
    agreed

sharpshooter/dragonbane
    the thought of these 2 together vs an empty board is scary
    insta kill anything up to 7health w/o divine or up to 5 health with divine
    thankfully that should be pretty rare

waxadred
    meh..we have already seen recycle rogue be pretty popular..this may bring it back

other comment
    you agreed with my point(certainly regarding the 4 cost) and then offered an example that power creep wasnt really that bad

and that example was from 2 expansions ago..out of, what..20?
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2019-11-02 at 01:39 PM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar