View Single Post

Thread: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

1. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 23: The Evil League of EVIL

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Galakrond(all varieties)
    i thought he said it was like C`Thun and happened wherever your Galakrand was?
    --just went and watched(a different video) but the lady talking said Galakrond gets to upgrade whether or not he is in your hand
    Don't know what video you're talking about or who you're referring to. I've only looked at the set's announcement article on their website, the card gallery, and a couple of Trump's videos.

--edit-- fully upgraded battlecry is "destroy 4 random enemy minions. equip a 5/2 claw." --edit--
    so seems like all of them are "lvl 1..doubled..doubled again + equip a 5/2 weapon"
    and yes..any card like Galakrond (or quests) SHOULD show you in the gallery just what the bleep they give you
    The Quests do show what they give you in the gallery. It's only the Galakrond upgrades and the "upgraded Mage spell" from the new Malygos that are missing.

But okay, if they all quadruple and get that weapon fully upgraded, that is pretty potent. The Priest one becomes a board wipe against most boards plus a weapon, the Warlock one builds a probably-strong board plus gets the weapon, and the Rogue one is a sprint worth of 0-mana cards plus the weapon. All very strong, and if they upgrade in your deck, seems good to me.

sharpshooter/dragonbane
    the thought of these 2 together vs an empty board is scary
    insta kill anything up to 7health w/o divine or up to 5 health with divine
    thankfully that should be pretty rare
    If you're a deck that isn't token-based and can't remove them, sure. Most Control decks can probably do the latter, though, and more aggressive decks are more tokeny and less good for Dragonbane, however.

waxadred
    meh..we have already seen recycle rogue be pretty popular..this may bring it back
    "Recycle Rogue?" What are you talking about?

other comment
    you agreed with my point(certainly regarding the 4 cost) and then offered an example that power creep wasnt really that bad

and that example was from 2 expansions ago..out of, what..20?
    I did not agree with your point, I was pointing out that the things you're comparing them for some kind of power level baseline have not been what we need to compare cards to for that for a very long time now, and in the case of the 6 drops never were.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
    Sathrovarr, the neutral legendary everyone gets for free, and that blizzcon attendees will get in golden

9 Mana 5/5 demon, Battlecry: choose a friendly minion, add a copy to your board, deck, and hand.
    Huh. Seems... odd and iffy to me. Not even sure Holy Wrath Paladin wants it, honestly, seems like it would just dilute the deck, being neither draw, removal, nor part of their combo. To them it would be just what, a way to use Shirvalla before the combo while still putting him back in your deck? I get why they might want that, but this would only work on turn 9+, and after he's already been reduced to cost 0 (or 1 at most), so you're already in the very late game by then. I don't know, it's certainly a big value card, but feels too conditional to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    For those evaluating Invoke, it's worth noting that not only makes Galakrond stronger it activates his Hero Power for free too.

1 Mana give a minion +1 attack sucks...but it ALSO draws a card that costs 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Can you trigger the battle cry via invoke if you haven't played him yet?
    As Stevesciguy pointed out, it triggers the hero power, not the battlecry. So far, those are:

Rogue: Add a lackey to your hand.
    Warlock: Summon two 1/1 Imps.
    Priest: Add a random Priest minion to your hand.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-11-02 at 02:05 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis