Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
Many thanks to Aneurin for clarifying that ruling on the DoS damage, definitely one I am going to make use of. However I'm a little on the fence about how I want to handle righteous fury still, Open ended rolls can make for exciting moments, but by the book, the need to toll to-hit again seems to slow that down? I don't want to bog down combat too much, so I am still learning a little more to just roll a d5 minor crit like Anonymouswizard recommended.
One reason I like the 1d5 on the crit hit table is that otherwise those results tend to not show up at all. Okay, at least in Deathwatch. Opponents would generally go from 5-6 wounds to -11 in a single blow, so the critical hit tables didn't see much use. Now when we're fighting a big bad, they can occasionally suffer from Fatigue or such, which is a nice change. But that's Deathwatch, where starting damage from a chainsword can be 1d10+15 pen4.

I know several people who toss out the "Confirm Righteous Fury" rolls altogether. Not a big deal.