View Single Post

Thread: On Hylgia Plane Shifting out

1. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: On Hylgia Plane Shifting out

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    Why not? As Xykon pointed out, true immortality isn't that hard with a bit of magic. The afterlife scheme only nets you a tiny bit of extra time in the grand scene of things, but by becoming a lich or something else you get to stay around forever.
    My theory, as posted earlier in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    My personal headcanon is that once the world is unmade, all creatures/individuals quickly start to lose their physical forms as the quiddities that composed them are likewise becoming "unraveled" or "separated." Thor mentions mortals are made with quiddities from each color...presumably during the "unraveling" of the Snarl's prison, the combined colors that make up mortals are also separated and returned to their respective pantheons.

It's probably not a perfect theory (I haven't tried too hard to poke holes in it), but to me it explains why plane-shifted mortals don't survive from world to world. Which is a shame, because I'd really love a Laser-Snail cameo!
    If this were the case, becoming a lich or something wouldn't matter as you'd still be "unraveled" when the Gods unmake the world.

EDIT: Also, Xykon never says achieving immortality "isn't that hard." He just said it was possible, and listed some ways people could do it.
    Last edited by The Aboleth; 2019-11-10 at 09:42 AM.